Tuesday, October 25, 2005

my first video

Comments:
Hey Bolt,

I can hear the audio and can not see the video in this post.

I cut and pasted the video player code" in my blog on "how to make a video blog tutorial. As you can see, it did not work. Please advise.

JOlmsted
http://view-point.blogspot.com
 
Yep, I have the same problem. I can hear the sound but not see anything.

I'm wondering if I need to update my browser flash player. Hmmm. Let me check it out and I'll get back to you.

Gena http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
 
Well I just came back from Macromedia and I have 7,0,19,0 installed.

So if the new fangled version of Flash requires 8.0 then I'm temporarily out of luck. And perhaps a few of your other visitors.

Hope you knock the bugs out - give a shout when you are ready.

Gena
 
Hi Gena,

Can you try again? I changed the template file to check for the correct flash version inside of the post instead of at the top of the page.

I will update the Flash detection code and post generator later. I will also make a post on how to do this with your blogs.
 
Bolt,

Tried using your code on a test blog that I have and it works a treat.

Quick question though - how did you get the controls for play/pause?

Cheers

Darryl
 
Hi Darryl,

The play/puase button is a part of the swf player that gets generated by Flix. You just need to create a file in flix and choose the create player option. You can also choose what player skin you want. Then when you encode the file all of the controls will automatically be put into the swf file.
 
I still see black screens where your videos should be. I also tried the same using your code generator on my blog with same failed results.
Any further suggestions?
 
Hi dav,

I simplified the detection script a little. Can you try again?

Also what browser and version are you viewing from?
 
I've tried using IE 6 (latest patches) as well as latest version of Maxthon (which i usually use as browser) but both failed; i also tried multiple PCs (home & work).

Also, when I blog, I usually send it as an email to friends. Should the script include the SWF in the emails as well? That would be cool.
 
When I post a Flix Pro SWF file using the code generator, I also just get a black box, using IE6 or FireFox on WinXP Pro.
Any ideas? I edited my Blogger.com template also using the two chunks of code you have.
 
Can you post a link to your blog post, so I can look it over?
 
Sure. Go to http://davtestblog.blogspot.com/
It's a test blog with only 1 post.
 
Hi Bolt

Love the tutorial. I've started a Vlog for a not-for-profit organisation.

Due to tight budget (ie no money at all), we purchased Flix Standard. Following your instructions, Ive posted a couple of files via Blip.tv, but there doesn't seem to be any file that appears, even though a permalink has been created:
http://blip.tv/file/get/Belcanto_m27-RCCMSVLOGIntroduction734.swf

Also, I've noticed that in Flix Standard, you cant have the player strip at the bottom of the video. Any suggestions as to how I can still get this?

Cheers
Michael
 
Hi Dave,

The Flash player is pointing to an html page here "http://www.austenrodey.com/media/austen_walking.html".

It should be pointing to "http://345am.com/austenrodey/media/Austen_Walking.swf"

Try that to see if it will help you.

Frank
 
Hi Michael,

The permalink for your introduction looks like it is pointing here:

"http://blip.tv/file/get/Belcanto_m27-Introduction212.swf"

Try this to see if it will work for you.

Frank
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Video Blog Post Generator

Enter the url, width, and height of your movie. Then press the "Get Post" button and your video post code will be generated in the text area below. This should be used with Flix Pro

URL: Width: Height:

*NOTE* The ' character will be replaced with the ` character.


Flash 8 Detection Code


<$BlogItemBody$> replace code