Monday, October 31, 2005

Add Flash detection to all your video posts

Comments:
Frank,

I don't know if you are still following through on this blog, but I have a suggestion. In addition to the Flash detection, how about a module for Express Install that people could put into their blog software? I would prefer TypePad...

The reason is that I have a video blog with about 20 .swf files that I made with Flix Pro in Flash 8. But the general public, particularly Windows IE users, are not updating to Flash 8. I have a lot of anecdotal data for this as well as results from my system stats. Flash 8 may be great, and I think it is, but I am getting killed on the Player. And a lot of others are, too. At least those with sites for general public.

People are:
1. afraid to leave the site
2. not reading instructions
3. updating but it does not take
4. confused because they are looking for a program when they have a plugin.

It's a mess!

You can see my videos on http://hestablog.com

Thanks!

Stan Hirson
shirson@taconic.net
 
Hi Stan I will take a look and see if I can update the detection code.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Video Blog Post Generator

Enter the url, width, and height of your movie. Then press the "Get Post" button and your video post code will be generated in the text area below. This should be used with Flix Pro

URL: Width: Height:

*NOTE* The ' character will be replaced with the ` character.


Flash 8 Detection Code


<$BlogItemBody$> replace code